New anthology: Clamour and Mischief, edited by Narrelle M Harris
I’m so proud and delighted to formally announce the coming of a new anthology to Clan Destine Press – Clamour and Mischief, and anthology about corvids edited by yours truly.
A clamour of rooks. A mischief of magpies. A storytelling of crows.
All the corvids – the rooks and ravens, the jays and jackdaws, the crows and magpies – have the best collective nouns. A parliament and a party. Tidings and titterings, bands and trains. An unkindness.
Clamour and Mischief brings a veritable storytelling of crows to the corvidae, the bird family known for intelligence and cunning and for their connection with folklore and urban legends. These storytellers come from around the world and include award-winning and -shortlisted authors as well as emerging writers and fledgling authors in their professional debut.
This anthology’s sixteen striking stories are imbued with all the humour, darkness, wisdom, artfulness, vengefulness and magic of the birds that inspired them. Take them as a jest, a guide, or a warning – but don’t, whatever you do, ignore them!
Narrelle M Harris and Clan Destine Press are proud to announce the Table of Contents for Clamour and Mischief, due for release in August 2022.
- “Once upon a Midnight” by Raymond Gates
- “All That Glitters” by GV Pearce
- “Sleuthing for a Cause” by Eugen Bacon
- “The Past is not a Present” by Geneve Flynn
- “Watchers” by Alex Marchant
- “The Song of Crows” by Jack Fennell
- “Kūpara and Tekoteko” by Lee Murray
- “Build Another Nest for Phantom Feathers” by RJK Lee
- “Branwen and the Three Ravens” by Dannye Chase
- “Seven for a Secret” by Narrelle M Harris
- “The Girl and the Crow” by R.D. White
- “The Jackdaw Maiden” by Katya de Becerra
- “The Language of Birds” by Jason Franks
- “Murder of Crows” by George Ivanoff
- “The Devil’s Teeth” by Tamara M Bailey
- “Quoth the Raven” by Gabiann Marin
Publisher: Clan Destine Press – https://www.clandestinepress.net/
Coming soon: Cover release, artwork by Andrea L Farley (aka Altocello)
Image © Andrea L Farley