Cover Reveal: The Only One in the World – a Sherlock Holmes Anthology
I am so thrilled to be able to share with you the cover for the upcoming anthology, The Only One in the World – full of stories of what Sherlock and/or John might have been like if one or both came from a cultural background different to the Victorian-era gentlemen of the Conan Doyle books.
Clan Destine Press were fantastic, coming on board when I pitched the idea and giving me the role of commissioning editor. Lindy Cameron helped me spread the net to find a wide range of authors from different backgrounds or with specific areas of historical expertise.
The brief was deceptively simple – Either Holmes or Watson (or both) should come from a background different to the original stories. Any time period, any gender, any orientation were fine, but I wanted to see how a different background would inform who they were and the story that was told.
The result is thirteen amazing stories by fourteen fantastic writers – including award-winning and -nominated writers – who have created stories set in Germany, Ireland, Australia, South Africa, Russian, India, Poland, USA, 17th Century England, Ancient Egypt, Viking Iceland and even one with a global aspect..
- The Affair of the Purloined Rentboy by Greg Herren
- S.H.E.R.L.O.C.K. by Atlin Merrick
- The Path of Truth by Jack Fennell
- Sharaku Homura and the Heart of Iron by Jason Franks
- The Adventure of the Disappearing Village by Natalie Conyer
- The Saga of the Hidden Treasure by Kerry Greenwood and David Greagg
- The Problem of the Lying Author by Lisa Fessler
- Mistress Islet and the General’s Son by Lucy Sussex
- A Scandalous Case of Poisoning by Katya de Becerra
- The Adventure of the Fated Homecoming by Jayantika Ganguly
- Prince Ha-mahes and the Adventure of the Stoned Mason by LJM Owen
- The Enemy Within by Raymond Gates
- A Study in Lavender by JM Redmann
The Only One in the World is due for release in late April 2021.