I write short stories in several genres, including Fantasy, horror, crime and SF, romance and Traditional Holmes + Watson adventures
Coming in 2021
Who Sleuthed It?
Story: Blood and Bone
This anthology of animal sleuths solving mysteries and crimes with their human and animal friends is due out in February from Clan Destine Press!
Branch and Root
Story: The Marbletree Wood
(This story is set hundreds of years after the events of The Witches of Tyne series)
An anthology inspired by trees, coming from Shooting Star Press.
Other short stories
Oz is Burning
An apocalyptic anthology from B Cubed Press, with profits going to WIRES, supporting recovery from Australia’s 2020 bushfires.
Oz is Burning was released in August 2020.
- Oz is Burning (Amazon US)
War of the Worlds: Battleground Australia
Story: Banjo’s War
An anthology inspired by HG Wells’ Martian Invasion – set in Australia in the past, present and future!
BuyWar of the Worlds: Battleground Australia in paperback/ebook at:
- War of the Worlds: Battleground Australia (Clan Destine Press)
Grant Me the Carving of My Name
Long Live the King
Myth and Man
Grant Me the Carving of My Name contains stories by noted Ricardians. The proceeds go the the Scoliosis Association UK.
- Grant Me the Carving of My Name: An anthology of short fiction inspired by King Richard III Amazon US
- Grant Me the Carving of My Name Amazon UK
- Grant Me the Carving of My Name Amazon Australia
Scarlet Stiletto: The Ninth Cut 2017
I am absolutely thrilled to have received the Body in the Library first place with my ghost story, ‘Jane’.
- Scarlet Stiletto: The Ninth Cut 2017 (Clan Destine Press)
Story: Earworm Armageddon
- Wavelengths (Amazon US Kindle)
- Wavelengths (Amazon US paperback)
- Wavelengths (Amazon UK Kindle)
- Wavelengths (Amazon UK paperback
- Wavelengths (Amazon Australia Kindle)
Myths, Monsters, Mutations
Story: Passive Aggressive
- Myths, Monsters, Mutations (Booktopia paperback)
- Myths, Monsters, Mutations (Amazon US kindle)
- Myths, Monsters, Mutations (Amazon US paperback)
- Myths, Monsters, Mutations (Amazon Australia)
- Myths, Monsters, Mutations (Amazon UK Kindle)
- Myths, Monsters, Mutations (Amazon UK paperback)
- Myths, Monsters, Mutations (Barnes and Noble paperback)
Story: Virgin Soil
- And Then…: The Great Big Book of Adventure Tales Volume 1 (Clan Destine Press)
Story: Death’s Door
- Intrepid Horizons (Booktopia paperback)
- Intrepid Horizons (Amazon US Kindle)
- Intrepid Horizons (Amazon US Paperback)
- Intrepid Horizons (Barnes and Noble paperback)
My favorite is Death’s Door by Narrelle M Harris because Death is truly charming and the heavy questions posed are not without a light blend of macabre humor. ~ Jennifer, Goodreads
Best New Zombie Tales Volume 2
Story: The Truth About Brains
The Year’s Best Australian Fantasy and Horror 2012
Story: Show and Tell
- Encounters (Booktopia paperback)
- Encounters (Amazon.com ebook)
- Encounters (Amazon.com paperback)
- Encounters (Amazon.com.au ebook)
- Encounters (Amazon.co.uk ebook)
- Encounters (Barnes and Noble paperback)
“Show and Tell”, is a fun story involving archaeology, classroom mayhem, and the undead. Read it.~ William Wilkinson, Amazon
A Certain Persuasion (2016)
Story – Know Your Own Happiness
(no longer available)
…in an excellent modern parallel for the family and romantic dynamics of Persuasion, “Know Your Own Happiness” allows a young man to revisit his capitulation to his family’s rejection of his bisexuality with a chance to choose true love this time. I particularly liked the subtlety with which the theme was developed. For much of the story, the Austen reference is all about the protagonist’s reluctant attendance at a book club…and then the Captain Wentworth-analogue enters and suddenly all is made clear.~ Heather Rose Jones, Amazon
An adaptation that successfully transfers the pressure Anne’s family put on her into a scenario that makes sense for the current day. The fact that Cooper hadn’t actually read Persuasion made the parallels humorous.~ Ellie, Goodreads
Q: Queermance Volume 1
Story – Late Bloomer
Commissioned to celebrate Melbourne’s inaugural Queermance Literary Festival this is an anthology of erotically-charged romances from famous, emerging and aspiring writers.
Q: Queermance Volume 2
Story – The Birthday Present