Quintette asks writers five quick questions. This week’s interview is with Goldie Alexander!
Penelope’s Ghost. The title came to me immediately. For once!
2. If you could choose anyone from any time period, who would you cast as the leads in your latest book?
At the back of my mind as I was writing I had two ideas: The Turn of the Screw and Jane Austen’s novels. So It would be any of Austen’s more sensible heroines.
3. What five words best describe your story?
Nanny. Ghosts. History. Mornington Peninsula. And misunderstandings
4. Who is your favourite fictional couple?
Elizabeth and Darcy.
5. What song always makes you cry?
Madame Butterfly’s One Fine Day. But only if sung very well.
(I hope this meets your standards – sung by Chinese opera star Ying Huang.)
Goldie Alexander’s 80 books for adults and children are published here in Australia and overseas. Best known for My Australian Story: Surviving Sydney Cove, her recent work includes The Youngest Cameleer, eSide, Cybertrix 2043, Neptunia, and Gallipoli Medals. She facilitates creative writing workshops and mentors emerging authors.
Penelope’s Ghost is an ebook published by Boroughs Publishing Group.
- Goldie’s website: http://www.goldiealexander.com/
- Goldie on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/goldiealexander1
- Goldie on Twitter: @goldiealexander
Buy Penelope’s Ghost:
Would you like to answer a Quintette interview? Email me at email@example.com!