Quintette asks writers five quick questions. This week’s interview is with Daniel de Lorne!
Daniel de Lorne
1. What’s the name of your latest story – and how hard was it to pick a title?
Beckoning Blood. I think it was pretty easy from memory. Originally the story was called Blood and Spirit, but that was just a working title until it was finished. I then called it The Beckoning Blood and had a minor internal struggle when revisions came through as I wasn’t comfortable with having ‘the’ at the beginning. Luckily, Escape let me drop it.
2. If you could choose anyone from any time period, who would you cast as the leads in your latest story?
My main characters are identical twins so you think that would make this easy, but no. Either Joseph Gordon-Levitt or Robert Downey, Jr. Neither are exactly who I pictured for the role (a model named Zeb Ringle provides the looks), but I think they could pull off soulful psycho quite well.
3. What five words best describe your story?
Obsession. Brothers. Bloody. Saga. Sex.
4. Who is your favourite fictional couple?
Tricky. Let’s say Brian and Justin from Queer as Folk.
5. What song always makes you cry?
Perhaps Love, by John Denver with Placido Domingo
Daniel de Lorne writes mostly about the loves and trials of hot and sexy paranormal men – and creatures. Born in Australia, he currently lives in Canada with his partner. Beckoning Blood is Daniel’s first published novel.
- Website: www.danieldelorne.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/danieldelorne
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/danieldelorne
- Google+: http://plus.google.com/+DanieldeLorne
Buy Beckoning Blood:
- Beckoning Blood (Amazon)
- Beckoning Blood (Kobo)
- Beckoning Blood (iTunes)
Would you like to answer a Quintette interview? Email me at email@example.com!